Legal Receptionist/Office Administrator
Terms of Employment: Full-time
Salary: To be negotiated
Anticipated Start Date: Immediately
Location: Summerland, B.C.
Training and Skills
Experience: previous experience in an office, preferably a law office
Work Setting: Law Office
Work Conditions: Fast-paced environment with significant pressures and tight deadlines
Business Equipment and Computer Applications: Microsoft Office (word processing, spreadsheets, database management), Quickbooks, Amicus Attorney, Legal software applications, General office equipment
- Opening and organizing files.
- Making appointments for lawyer and referring potentially urgent matters to the lawyer for assessment.
- Preparing correspondence as dictated or drafted by lawyer.
- Drafting routine correspondence
- Sending copies of relevant file material, by mail, email, fax, courier, or other means, to clients and/or other contacts pursuant to lawyer’s direction.
- Taking telephone calls, ascertaining the nature of the problem and either directing the call to the lawyer if available, taking a detailed message or providing non-legal advice to client, if possible.
- Maintaining files, bring forward and diary systems (electronic and hard copy).
- Screening incoming mail and highlighting areas of potential urgency, dealing with all items of a routine nature and noting any dates for bring forward and diary systems.
- Updating paper library with loose leaf updates and maintaining computer database systems for electronically retrieved library information and office precedents.
- Organizing documents
- Drafting statements of account for lawyer approval.
- Taking payment (cash, cheque, credit, debit) from clientele and issuing receipts.
- Ordering supplies for multiple offices
- Fostering relationships with third party suppliers
- Coordinating office advertising in conjunction with lawyer
- Assisting with general office occupational health and safety matters
- Assisting with the organization of office training and coordinating inter-office communication and activities
How to Apply: Submit covering letter, resume and list of references as directed below
Mail: 107-13615 Victoria Road N.
P.O. Box 576
Summerland, BC V0H 1Z0
Attention: Denese Espeut-Post
Fax: (778) 516-2676